It’s that time of the month again! Foodie Pen pal reveal day!!!!! This month I got my box from the lovely Maureen over at the blog Pearls on a Pig. You should check out her blog for amazing ideas for kids and adults alike. My box this month was SUPER awesome. It was FILLED to the brim with lots of new snacks and things to try. As I got the box just a week or so before Passover, I wanted to wait to taste everything. Then, reason got the better of me and I opened the candies. I’ve never had Horehound candies before, so I was pleasantly surprised by the nice herbal taste to them.
I also got a great selection of popcorns and chips. I am DYING to try the jalapeno chips. Here’s hoping they’re REALLY spicy. The tea smells lovely as does the coffee. I normally eat the spiced wafers during Halloween, but I was also given a recipe to use the wafers, so I may have to try that with the cookies. Thanks again to the lovely Maureen.
You can see the person I sent to over at HomeMade by TZ.
Now, here’s the info on the Foodie Pen Pal Program:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.